Following the announcement last week that Castlemaine Art Museum had secured funds and would be staying open, chair of the board Jan Savage says there's still a lot of work to do.
Ms Savage said the board was feeling delighted but somewhat overwhelmed at the enormity at what it was facing.
"We will be taking a professional approach around establishing some working groups to look at a number of things including communications, engagement with our stakeholders and members, fundraising, business development and branding," she said.
"Communication and engagement are going to be really important, we need to look after our members, we got that message loud and clear."
While CAM has secured an anonymous donation of $250,000, plus a further $50,000 from the Mcfarlane Fund, a number of questions still remain, including what is happening with the staff at the museum.
"We have spoken with the staff. We need to work out exactly what needs to happen in regards to hours. We will be having a meeting with staff tonight and an announcement will be immanent," Ms Savage said.
The Express can confirm that Jennifer Kalionis resigned from her role as director/CEO of Castlemaine Art Museum last Friday.
"We are very aware that this is about people's lives, so when it comes to staff we need to be very careful," Ms Savage said.
Talk on social media has also suggested that the board knew that donated funds were secure some time before the members meeting last Wednesday. However Ms Savage said that was not true.
"The board was first informed of a possible anonymous donation last Monday afternoon which was confirmed at a meeting last Tuesday and Melissa Macfarlane contacted the board last Tuesday about the donation from the Macfarlane Fund," Ms Savage said.